Saturday, June 6, 2009

Waaaaaaaaa



Well this is me today. The radiologist office is at the end of a long hallway, which is at the end of a long ramp, which is at the end of a all too familiar drive to NW Hospital.

I stood there in the hallway, took a deep breathe and held back the tears. I held them back again when the gal at the front desk greeted me by name and told me there was no reason to check in anymore....that I could just go "right back". I thought then I wish they didn't know my name.

I held them back again as my mom greeted the other patients who were there doing the ever present puzzle that waits on the table to pass the time. She is getting to know each of them that have appointments right before and after me. I never liked Thomas Kincade puzzles!

I held them back again as my incision met the table....buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, light on, light off, buzz again, move up, move down, rotate, buzzzzzzzz, film in, flash, dark.

My back protests sitting up....it's over...see you tomorrow at the end of the long hallway near the puzzle.....but I didn't have to hold them back anymore. Waaaaaaaaaaa all the way home, and then at home, and then again after dinner, and most likely again when the lights go out tonight.

Never thought it would feel good to be a cry baby....but baby, I am going to cry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment