Monday, June 8, 2009

Liver spot or spot on liver?




Soooooo I went to the Dr. today.....let's just say I would rather uhhhhh (give me a sec to think of something awful) I would rather........find a dead rat somewhere in my house (just not my bed) then repeat today's apt.....not just your run of the mill dead rat mind you, but one that has been dead for a while and part of it's jaw is missing....that kind of a dead rat...got it?

I fooled myself into thinking that "no news is good news" when I had the scans two weeks ago and then never heard from the Dr. He is very diligent, so normally that would make perfect sense.
But today I learned that phrase isn't always true.

There is a spot on my liver. Oh what I would give for a liver spot instead! There was a spot on my liver a few months ago, but it was teeeeeny tiny and appeared to be a blood vessel. But, as blood vessels don't normally double in size, this spot is a bit more of a concern....because....well....it has doubled in size.
I saw it with my own eyes and yes, although he had to point it out to me, it was there and bigger in the second scan than the first.

No one knows what it is tho'. You see, the results of the bone scan were perfect. According to those, everything we are doing is working great. However, if it were working great then nothing should be growing in the liver. Duh! Everyone knows that. Actually I didn't know that...he told me. So if the liver thing is bad, then the bone scan should have been bad too....it's all a bit puzzling..... so next week I have a PET scan (I have just about had a scan for every letter in the alphabet..PETMRICTBONE...)scheduled for Thursday.

I am not happy....no, I am pretty sad actually, sad and anxious, and mad, and overwhelmed.....
So after that fun apt I spent the next hour trying to start my IV infusion. When I say "I", I mean the 4 Nurses that each attempted multiple times to start the IV infusion...only to have every vein in my arm fail. So, with my arm leaking, they sent me home. There were no more veins left to poke....I looked like a voodoo doll that had really done somebody wrong!

So here we go again...as if the first round of character building experiences weren't enough. I thought they were but sadly I don't get to make those decisions.
I will send more info as I get it...or I may just vent more at random.

No comments:

Post a Comment