Sunday, June 7, 2009

Do you hear what I hear





Shannon who's mother comes in after me and who helps with the !@#$ Thomas Kincade puzzle said "trailblazer" but I still say guinea pig as the blood trickled in my ear this morning. Good grief.

I had noticed it getting harder and harder to hear and so when the blood in the ear thing happened figured I should check with my 19 year old Dr and find out what was going on.

Surprise.....it's a side effect of the radiation. It will make the ear canal swell and irritate the outside of the ear and blah blah blah blah....blood and hard to hear and wax and blah blah blah....RATS!!!!!!! So I sat there humbly while the Dr cleaned my ears and I could hear the rustle of his lab coat loud and clear. He mentioned doing it again next week......it's a date!

I listen to my friend Natalie Grant's CD during treatment everyday....today was the Awaken CD....I hear new things each time I listen and today I heard....."I'm loosening my grasp, there's no need to mask my frailty"..........I'm trying........oh if we all could .........but I'm trying.

I swallowed the golden pill just a few minutes ago....which is one reason I decided to write this now instead of later today....you see I can't throw up now for at least an hour and I figured this would help distract me......thank you.......it is a new pill for nausea and it costs like $2000 for not even 10 pills.....but the 19 year old Dr gave me samples....one per box....two boxes....to see if they work better than what I am taking.......for Pete's sake shouldn't they at that price? anyway.....we will see if it really is worth it or not.....wish me no barfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment