Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last week's appointment



As I was looking back at what I have written over the last few days I realized that I didn't really finish telling you about my appointment last week.

Well, let's see....I told you about the anemia already....it was raining, my blood pressure was a little high (oh really?!) I drank hot apple cider while I had my IV drip....I also learned 5 new ways to beat stress and a new chicken recipe.

I have always felt bad about having to ask Dr. Lee not to let Digger Debbie, one of the IV nurses, touch me again...but again that was confirmed as she couldn't find a vein on the woman who sat down next to me...who had juicy blue veins, the width of a drinking straw. She's very nice, but....well enough said...

Let's see...what else.....I think we decided that the Tamoxifen was working. I mean you can't really know until you have a scan, but things seemed very status quo and that is better than not "quo" or less than "quo".

Oh and Jean was there, from Radiation, and she asked about Forest and she even went to the computer to look up his pictures, and she smiled a lot and laughed with me and told me how she looks for my apt days and always tries to see me when I am there....and I think all her joy made a few of my cancer cells die.

So all in all it was a good day....I can't believe I just said that, but if you break it down it really was a good day. I think the smiles did more for me than the Tamoxifen that day, but I will continue to take them both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment