Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bye bye moisture...hello dry everything!



One quick shot in the stomach and there you are! No more estrogen....see you in two weeks....this whole thing is so weird...I am trying so hard to just keep up with everything mentally, emotionally.

I guess the no more estrogen shot is the ticket. It means no more food for the tumors and thus no more tumors....one shot in the stomach...ok...in three months I do it again. I am going to need some good hand lotion, maybe some good chap stick.

The Dr was happy today. He was glad I took the shot, glad I have treatment underway at the end of the hall with the Thomas Kincade puzzles, glad the vertebrae is healing, glad that he can now put me on the best hormone therapy out there, glad I am getting off the steroids, just generally glad....it's good when the Dr is glad.

So I walked down the very long hall, out into the grey drizzle,got in the car with a very dear friend and headed back to my Bed and Breakfast Infirmary.

We had strawberries and sandwiches and a wonderful visit and then she left...Then I was glad. Glad for the friend, glad for the ride home, glad for the strawberries, glad that she cared enough to do what she did, glad that treatment was over for the day.

The Dr said that he was on call all weekend and that he would be glad to talk to me anytime....I think I may just call him....when the no-estrogen shot kicks in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment