Friday, June 5, 2009

Held



"This is what it means to be held, how it feels when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive. This is what it is to be loved and to know that the promise was when everything fell we'd be held."

Those are some lyrics to my friend Natalie's song Held. You can listen to it or watch the video at www.nataliegrant.com

Today I was held...held on the table when I wanted to run, held in good spirits when I wanted to cry, held up by all of you as I sit seemingly alone at my parent's house. Not very many people get to experience being "held"...you could say that I am one of the lucky ones. There is a very soft blue pillow on the left side of my bed now, and later when He climbs in, I will thank Him for holding me and for how He has whispered to you the ways you have held me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment