Monday, June 22, 2009

Spots





Spots….a very adorable name for your child’s first dog or a very traumatic thing for cancer-in-your-bones people.

Do you have any spots that hurt? Where are those spots? Are they new spots….old spots…have we radiated those spots before? Does the pain in those spots come and go or does it persist? Would you say those are normal 45 year old woman spots ? Are they muscle spots or bone spots? Were those spots in our last scan of your spots or not?

Yesterday I wrapped gifts for Father’s day and my mother’s birthday. The only non-Christmas wrapping paper I had was covered with spots! Good grief…such a silly thing but some how it changed my focus.

The thought came to me that if you fill in the “o” in hope that would be a spot too.

Oh I’m not saying that I will be good at it… and I'm not saying it's not a bit corny....I’m just saying it’s a choice and it’s the one I made today.

No comments:

Post a Comment