Monday, June 15, 2009

No morning coffee????




Today was PET scan day....a PET scan, as I so conveniently forgot, is all the worst parts of all the scans rolled into one scan. First there is the fasting...no eating after 7 the night before, no morning coffee, NO MORNING COFFEE, then the IV, then sitting manequin still for 1 hour, then drink the white fruit flavored congealed chicken fat beverage, THEN iodine, THEN FINALLY 1 hour in the tube.

I think they call it a PET scan so it lulls you into this happy fuzzy feeling of soft furry kittens and puppy kisses......I think they should call it BAD scan, or Long Boring Gross Scan, or Poke and Puke Scan...something that more acuratley describes the true scan experience.

Either way it's done and it was done thoroughly and the results come tomorrow. With no cancer spreading anywhere else in the bones except my bonehead, the radiologist says that it is unlikley that it has gone to soft tissue....just a bit worried about my old friends the liver spots from last scan....I spent all day in the tube wishing them away....and I invited a few real friends in the tube with me. I know one made it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment