Monday, June 15, 2009

Thirty three percent





I haven't cried this hard in a long time....the results of the PET scan showed more cancer and the bottom line is that the medicine just didn't work. I am on a new medicine..but it will take at least two months to find out if it's working or not....meanwhile the clock is ticking...

The Dr gives this drug a 33% chance of working...
He's not too hopeful...next treatment is chemo but get this....it's chemo for life.....not exactly the grand prize....you see if you don't take hormone therapy then the chemo is just a finger in the cancer dam.....no chemo and the cancer grows again because there is nothing to tell it not too.

I don't know much about alternative treatments....never really been an alternative gal...well, maybe a little....but I'm open.
Give me your best shot? Funny how our minds open when life begins to hang in the balance.

Actually it's not funny...not the least bit funny....it sucks! I am so angry right now, angry and sad....very very very sad.....
The promise was when everything fell we'd be held....

No comments:

Post a Comment