Friday, October 22, 2010

What was I thinking?!



Before my cancer diagnosis I felt I had a pretty normal perspective on things.
But things have changed...my perspective has changed...what I value now is so much different than before.

VALUE: To regard or esteem highly.
Life is more valuable to me, the people in my life are more valuable to me, relationships are more valuable than ever before.

Now is when I randomly make the dramatic shift to an example of value.....

When I look at the people in my life now, they shine and sparkle and I want to spend time with them and I set aside other things just to talk or have coffee or anything. I want to know them more and listen more and pay more attention to their lives. I try not to let life be an excuse for having no time to do these things. I try to say thank you more and I love you more. Wow, now look what you've done you darn friends, I need a tissue.

If I had 3 wishes today, one would deffinatley be that I could have arrived at this place sooner...I think it just takes hard times in our lives before we learn what we truly value and to take action in that direction.

I wish there was someone here to hug cuz' I gotta hug someone. My dog has fleas so he is not an option right now. Hopefully the mail man will show up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment