Saturday, October 30, 2010

The unexpected



Yesterday was full of the unexpected. First off the weather was actually good....at least where I come from...I also got something in the mail from my sister-in-law but I don't know what it is yet because I have to pick it up at the post office.
Then I got a CD in the mail from someone I have never met. It was his first album. Thank you Joe, that was so thoughtful, I look forward to listening and thank you Claire for coming to the event. Wow, that was a very fun and interesting night and I am so grateful to everyone.

Next on the list was my Dr's appointment. The scan results were unexpected, my blood test results were unexpected, I was given two shots and an IV that were also unexpected...and I learned that I will be having surgery soon....very unexpected.

Lots of the unexpected in the last year of life. Some very wonderful and some very hard and very sad.

I am learning more and more that today is the only day I need to deal with. I don't need to deal with tomorrow because tomorrow may very well be full of the unexpected.

Today I am deciding to tell my kids I love them....a lot...or at least a lot more than normal. Then I am going to eat some Halloween candy....carve that gosh darn punkin and hopefully sit and watch a movie. It's been too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment