Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hello Patches Pals



As a little girl I loved watching JP Patches on TV. He had an ICU2 tv set and every day he would mention names of kids who were watching. He never called my name but I still waited every day to hear it. I loved his silly jokes, and alter egos. JP's name was Julius Pierpont Patches...along with JP was Boris S. Wort, The Swami of Pastrami, LeRoy Frump, Superclown, PJ Scratches and more.

The show ran from 1958 to 1981. This was my entire childhood.
As I sat and laughed with JP I never thought that in the future I would be sitting and laughing with him as we both waited for radiation treatment.
That is the experience I had yesterday and will have in the upcoming week.
It may sound silly but I loved sitting with JP, both of us in our attractive treatment attire...discussing life and laughing. The best thing about yesterday was that I was a Patches Pal and not a cancer patient. Thank you JP.

No comments:

Post a Comment