Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A BLITTS update



The situation, as it stands now, it still a bit fluid. WOW! I just thought about what that sentence looks like to a person with Asperger's.
First off, situations don't stand...and fluid is liquid. So to rephrase...The circumstances I am in now, are still changing. I was informed yesterday that my radiation treatment will continue for another week.
So all of the things I took off the calendar for this week and moved to next week, now have to be taken off the calendar for next week and moved to the following week...if that is even possible.

I still don't really know what chemotherapy medicine I will be taking. There are many many choices, all poisonous, all with side effects, some with horrible side effects, some with very few,some that are taken weekly and some every 3 weeks.

I know some of you have been through this before. And if you have, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from you.

The chemo also requires a "port" which is a little dealybop they sick in your chest to administer the poison.

I have no idea yet how long I will be taking this medicine. I have heard it could be up to a year. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

So.........onward and upward as they say. I don't think they are necessarily happy when they say it, but they still say it because it is the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment