Thursday, October 28, 2010

The headache of 2010



Through this experience I am trying my best to learn new things. The learning spectrum during difficult times is huge if you are willing to look. I decided long ago that I didn't want this time to be wasted so I am looking.
Yesterday and a teeny weeny bit of today, I have gained a new found empathy for those who deal with headaches.
I'm not talking about tiny little headaches that are gone within 2 minutes of taking something....I am talking about a real honest to goodness headache that starts in the back of your head and travels up and over to the front of your head. The kind that the pills you swallow take the first available left turn to your kidneys so they can avoid any interaction with your head whatsoever.

I confess to having that very headache yesterday...I confess to thoughts of cutting off my head on several occasions...I confess to thinking of words to scream out while covering my face with a pillow but never said as my son was home and mommy is doing her best to set a good example. I already have one child that has gone rogue with her vocabulary. That's enough.

Ok so here is a funny thought....how about naming our headaches like we do storms. For example Headache Hilda, assuming of course there is someone named Hilda that may very well be the primary source of your headache....ok....maybe that's not a good idea.
(Quick change to me standing at podium in keeping with the current political season)

"So as I stand before you today ay ay ay ay (echo sounds)I say to all my fellow human beings ings ings ings...that we CAN learn from the circumstances that we are in, we just need to take the time to look and listen...(sound of loud and rising applause) Now let us go and be our better selves today and I will be right behind you after I swallow these two Aleve tablets, and we shall be victorious!"
My name is Laurie and I approved this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment