Thursday, February 18, 2010

unplanned



I have committed to cleaning my closet today....well I have committed to having my mom clean my closet today...it is beauty lies in the TRUE story after all.....but because I can lift a small stack of papers that I found, I decided to get a head start and go through them.
In the pile I found several poems I wrote and submitted to a publisher...they were eventually published in a beautiful coffee table book...

Here is a sample...

Two lives that exist with no earth to live on,
Two souls fall hand in hand from the sky,
Breath began with a kiss now it’s memory we live on
Needing no explanation for why.

Will eternity pass before it feels like one day?
Have our hearts been forever here?
The moon and the sun dance with us for fun,
For time is not marked by the year.

There is exquisite pain in the glances exchanged
For both lives do exist side by side,
Caught breath, eyes shut tight, no surrender to might,
Inhale the scent of your incoming tide.

The veil in between measured in depth of a dream
Either by day or by night.
Ecstasy found that it’s truth is not bound by reality, darkness or light.

And then there is this...

A candle burns, a flame so small,
Cast long shadows on the wall

Was it all in my suppose?
A flame that's small in imagination grows?

Or was this flame a burning fire?
Raging passion, lit desire?

The light by which I saw the world,
Altered heart against it's will.

Truant love it soon became,
Nor has it ere been found again.

No comments:

Post a Comment