Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Coconut Cupcakes



I love coconut and I love cupcakes and I love Carolyn...and today is Carolyn's birthday! One of the reasons I love Carolyn (and believe me there are hundred's of reasons to choose from) but one of the reasons is because she wants to celebrate her birthday by eating a coconut cupcake with me in exactly one hour.


This is one of the days that I am feeling better. Sometimes on those days I am not sure what to do...I am often afraid of over doing it...but I think celebrating Carolyn's birthday kills cancer cells....I believe there is documentation somewhere that states that...and coconut...is very good for you:

"People from many diverse cultures, languages, and races scattered around the globe have revered the coconut as a valuable source of both food and medicine. Wherever the coconut palm grows the people have learned of its importance as a effective medicine. For thousands of years coconut products have held a respected and valuable place in local folk medicine.

In traditional medicine around the world coconut is used to treat a wide variety of health problems including the following: abscesses, asthma, baldness, bronchitis, bruises, burns, colds, constipation, cough, dropsy, dysentery, earache, fever, flu, gingivitis, gonorrhea, irregular or painful menstruation, jaundice, kidney stones, lice, malnutrition, nausea, rash, scabies, scurvy, skin infections, sore throat, swelling, syphilis, toothache, tuberculosis, tumors, typhoid, ulcers, upset stomach, weakness, and wounds."

Seeeeee...what did I tell you?! Huh? See, now if you have scabies or scurvy you will know what to do....you are welcome! But just as a side note....please don't share any of that info with me...I don't know what scabies are but it sounds gross so please keep that one on the down low...as they used to say last year...or was it two years ago...anyway I have to go and eat me a coconut cupcake with Carolyn!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw... I am feeling so much better already! That coconut cupcake and a few laughs with my friend - good for what ails you!

    ReplyDelete