Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rolling over


Last night was a milestone of sorts I guess. I tried to remember how long ago it was really, when the back pain started. It has been 3 years ago at least.

The pain got so bad that I was unable to roll over in bed. If I wanted to lay on my side...which really was my only option...I had to get up and walk around to the other side of the bed and make Chad move over so I could lay down....repeat....

After my diagnosis, I slept on my back in a hospital bed for a few months.....laying on my side was too painful.

I have now been in a normal bed for about 1.5 years and last night I rolled over in bed for the first time since 2007. Ok, I think I am going to cry....it's a big deal...for me....it means there is progress, that normal-ish events such as these may be in my future...
"The road is loooong....with many a winding turn...that leads to who knows where, who knows where..."

No comments:

Post a Comment