Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Where have I been you ask?



Last week the kids and I headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I was scheduled to go to a conference all weekend and the kids were scheduled to be entertained and fed and catered to all weekend.

Welllllllllll.....Mom and I both ended up with back spasms. Holy donuts they hurt and they annoy and they kinda ruin your chance to attend the whole conference.
I did, however, meet some great people and I am very thankful for that.
There was a moment when Emily's schedule and my pain didn't line up. That was not a good moment...but we worked it out. She got home in time to do everything she needed to do and I took another dose of muscle relaxers. I still have a lot to work on with her. I need to find a book titled: "How to parent your 18yr old with Asperger's who wants it all"

The silver lining is that she and I had a good talk, we both learned some things that will help each other in the upcoming years and we both have counseling appointments next week. We'll make it......nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment