Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Organizationally challenged



We all have gifts and talents. One of my talents is to be amazingly disorganized. Another one of my wonderful talents is to save every ticket stub, picture, report card, school picture, birthday card, gum wrapper, school project, newspaper clipping,teacher evaluation, business card, friend gift, and baby hair. I do this so that in the future when my kids want to remember their childhood and cry and laugh and wonder when the heck they did something, they will have at their immediate disposal, something to remind them of everything they have ever done in their entire life.

I also have the insane ability to make sure it is never in one place....making it almost impossible to find when I need to.

This was the story this morning. I needed two simple pieces of paper...critical pieces of paper...papers containing very critical information...AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!

After tearing everything apart...I found the papers... papers that documented my daughter's diagnosis.... in the middle of a 3 ring binder on the top shelf, that was full of football statistics from a computer football game. Brilliant!

Can you make New Year's resolutions in July? Because my resolution for 2010 is to get organized.

See you in December, when I will be sharing with you all the excuses for why this never happened...I better start a file for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment