Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trade in



Ok, today's entry is going to be a bit short. But don't be fooled by it's shortness. Just because it's short doesn't mean it's not big.
Often in life we find ourselves standing in front of a smouldering pile of ashes....ashes of what we hoped for, our vision. Maybe they are ashes of lost relationships or special people in our life. Maybe they're ashes of a job loss. Or maybe they are the pile of ashes our teenager left behind after we have worked our fingers to the bone to raise them, lost hundreds of hours of sleep that lead to Dr's appointments and prescriptions and counseling and....well I think you get the idea.

So, today I have decided that I am going to trade in my ashes for a bouquet of roses.
I am doing it right now, mentally and then after another cup of coffee, a shower, and putting on my wig, I am going to do it physically so that I have to look at that bouquet through the day and remember that I have not only traded in but I have traded up.

No comments:

Post a Comment