Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cleaning house



So it's Saturday and I am cleaning my house....cleaning my house literally and figuratively. Cleaning the house is a good feeling....a better feeling is watching someone else do it or even going to get a pedicure while someone else is doing it.

But today I am doing it, and while I do it literally, I am also doing it in my head. What about my "house" needs to be cleaned or even thrown out? I found a lot of old stuff that was saving, but when I look at it now I realize that it is no longer important. That was then. Different things are precious to me now and those things I am saving. Some things I thought were important to hang on to but I realize now that I was wrong.

I am dusting out the cobwebs in corners I have not dealt with and moping up the messes that have been there for too long.

Tomorrow I may be really really sore, but sometimes cleaning can be painful and you really have to put your back into it or it never really gets clean.

Ok, the metaphors are starting to get to me and I have more to do.
Talk to you soon.

Love,
Mrs. Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment