Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You learn something new every day



It has been a bit of a strange day so far. When I woke up this morning, the day was scheduled to the brim and now all of a sudden it's changed. That doesn't happen too often. Did I forget my deodorant or something? Maybe I shouldn't get my scented dryer sheets from the Dollar store anymore. Seriously, what did I do?

Anyway, as long as I have nothing on the schedule, I decided to look up "how to make fondant" on You Tube. This year's birthday is going to be a bit different than the last 20 or so. So I decided that I was going to do something I have never done before.

Now when most people say that, it is usually followed by some sort of major announcement that they are going to bungee jump off the San Francisco Bay bridge, or leap out of a plane at 57,000 feet....or they are going to go on an African Safari.
Well not me. I am going to make FONDANT!! Actually, I tried to talk a friend into a karaoke bar, but after prayer and supplication, she has chosen to save me from myself and refuse to go. It's probably better that I don't, really, if you think about it. Not a good decision.

So I am forging ahead with the fondant idea. No risk/no reward is my new fondant motto. My day has purpose now. I must go to Costco for abnormally giant bags of mini marshmallows and powdered sugar.
I love it when a day comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment