Thursday, September 30, 2010

What next?




Starting this coming Monday, I begin radiation treatment again. They will be treating two different spots on my left side. The concern this time is broken bones.

There are two other spots, (I like to call them spots because it makes me think of polka-dots...which are happy and friendly little things..like confetti, or candy...am I right?)

Anyway, these two other spots are in areas that have been radiated before...and because of that one tiny little fact, they can't radiate them right now.

Those two spots (I am going to call them Pink and Purple) can only be radiated by the big Gamma Knife machine.

So in my mind I am picturing a delicious cake with pink and purple dots made of fondant (see previous blog on making fondant)and a big knife cutting a perfect piece which I promptly place in a garbage can because who in their right mind wants a cake made of cancer cells.

I have never been Gamma Knifed before so rest assured my friends, there will be more on that in the weeks to come.

The next new experience will be IV chemotherapy. I have been on oral chemo for the better part of the past year.... That was a weird sentence.... The BETTER part of last year? Which part was that? That is going to require more thought.

I don't know for sure what my treatment will look like...but next Tuesday my Dr. will unlock the secret chemo plan to me...and I will shout it from the mountain tops as I will already be up there shouting about my upside down life. Then I will feel much better having released all that stress.

So stay tuned,same time, same channel, for more of this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment