Friday, January 29, 2010

Knock knees and IV's



I am back from two days in Seattle. The first day was lab work and a skeletal survey. I have never had that before. It's basically several hundred x-rays of your skeleton...not really....more like 20...

Scans are one of the giants I face...it's an "outta sight outta mind" issue...and typically if you go in looking for something, you find it....or you find something else. Sometimes, if even for one minute, denial is my "BFF".

So after the x-rays I had a tuna sandwich at the "Edmonds Inn" aka mom and dad's. I sat for several hours in the recliner.....watched American Idol....and went to bed.

I woke at 3:48 am the next morning. I really never went back to sleep. You know how your brain starts thinking of things...usually not fun things like what a great deal you got on those cute boots from Macy's or how you totally aced the meatloaf you made for dinner. It's typically trouble, worry, sadness, stress, anger...or scheduling...just threw that in there for you Type A's.

At 9:00am I had my appointment with my Oncologist...no progression of the cancer...that is good news...Knees are still an issue...dealing with that later.
At 9:15 I am in for my IV. Today it was "mad skills Kathy" that got it in one poke!
Mom went out to get the laptop...I asked Kathy for some orange juice and mom returned with laptop and a molasses cookie...thank you mommy.

Next to me sat a beautiful woman dressed in pink. She knew my mom. She turned to look at me and after stating that just the week before they thought she was a "gonner" due to her cancer she said.."oh Laurie, we have been praying for you".

Somebody tell me that's not a miracle on soooooo many levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment