Sunday, January 24, 2010

How hugs help



HUGS

THEY PROMOTE HEALING

For some strange reason I have been reading about the "lymph" system the last few days. I have no idea why I would do that....I just did.
Anyway, I learned a few things. I only learned a few things because most of the stuff I read went WAY over my head.

This little paragraph may help you learn a little more about your lymph system:

"The lymph system is the body's drainage system. It is composed of a network of vessels and small structures called lymph nodes. The lymph vessels convey excess fluid collected from all over the body back into the blood circulation. Along the way, however, these fluids are forced to percolate through the lymph nodes so that they can be filtered. Harmful organisms are trapped and destroyed by the specialized white blood cells, called lymphocytes, that are present in these nodes. Lymphocytes are also added to the lymph that flows out of nodes and back to the bloodstream."

So now I know a little more about the purpose and function of the lymph system, how it relates to our health etc...

One more thing I learned about the lymph system. I learned that it does not circulate well...it needs our help....with just the weight of a nickel and gentle squeezing of arms, neck and shoulders..the lymph system is activated.

Because of this I highly recommend hugging people today!! And everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment