Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Best laid plans



This was my list for yesterday. After my appointment at 9 am I was committed to doing "NOTHING" for the rest of the day.
Well "nothing" turned into "something" quickly when I asked the nurse about my puffy ankles. It turned into the nurse needing to talk with the Dr. The Dr not being there to talk to. Mom and I waiting for an hour in the waiting room. A blood draw to check potassium levels...more waiting...being sent to another wing of the hospital for a Doppler ultrasound of both my legs from the hips down to check for any blood clots...returning to the Dr's office where we waited for a prescription.

All of this was happening while another parallel day was going on simultaneously. Mom was tracking down every single medical expense for 2009 to help with taxes....every radiation visit, every Dr visit, every scan, every x-ray, every Dr I saw, Chad saw, Joe saw, Em saw..the dentist, the walk in clinic, all our prescriptions, parking, mileage....how many times we inhaled and how many times we exhaled...

Then there was the parallel day taking place in Anacortes. Kids to school, Em to drivers ed, ride home for Em from drivers ed, horses being trailered , weaning started, communicate with everyone involved in that issue , power outage of ATT cell towers (not my fault)communication nightmare.

All in all...it was a 3 in 1 day of H-E-double hockey sticks!!!! I am home now...home as in Anacortes. The treatment is done for now. I am going to take a nap for approx. 1hr and if anyone calls me.....well.....nothing will happen really...just don't call for a bit please.

No comments:

Post a Comment