Sunday, January 31, 2010

Heal heel




Ok, let's see if I can make sense of this. I am having chemotherapy treatment. It comes in a pill so I don't have to drive to Seattle all the time. I take 8 of these giant pills a day and according to the Dr. each one is "a missile" against the cancer.
The protocol for taking these pills (protocol is the home school mom's word for the day)is to take 8 pills a day for 14 days and then take a break from taking the pills for 7 days and then repeat ad infinitum...(we will introduce more Latin later)

So today is round 3 day 5....are you still with me?...Today I am going to quit taking the pills...I can do that...the Dr. said I could..He said if the side effects get really uncomfortable, I could stop taking the pills. He is a very nice man.
Now that leaves 11 days when I would normally be taking the pills PLUS the 7 day break bringing us to a grand total (let's see x+y-4x the sq root of 12=)18 days of no pills.
This comes as great relief to me. You see all the skin peeled off the heel of my right foot. OUCH! Not to mention the wierd lip feeling and the fingertip burning and the constant taste of metal and the swelling ankles...
18 days off the pills is this cancer girl's equivalent to Spring Break 2010. Now if my heel would heal I can walk to the kitchen and celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment