Sunday, January 17, 2010

Be the bird



Be the bird. It's a thought that came to me years ago...and like most thoughts I have, I forgot about it. It's a good one though...and for some reason it popped back into my head today.

How does one "be the bird" you may be asking yourself or me or someone standing near you.

Here is my take on it. Birds, for the most part, are just birds. They fly, they eat, they sit on a branch. They really aren't concerned about whether or not there will be enough berries for tomorrow, or if the worm population will be affected by the upcoming cold temperatures. I don't think they worry about housing in the Spring or if their feathers match. They are just birds. They somehow know that their maker is going to deal with those issues so they just do bird things...without care...and often they are singing to boot.

So "be the bird" is my focus today. Can't say I will be successful at it but something is better than nothing....and I am pretty confident I have the "perching" part handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment