Friday, November 12, 2010

You have to be nuts...



WARNING
THIS BLOG WAS WRITTEN IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO CONTAINS PEANUTS AND OTHER TREE NUTS AND NUTS THAT ARE NOT REALLY NUTS BUT PEOPLE THAT ACT LIKE NUTS.
CONSUMERS: PLEASE READ THIS STATEMENT CAREFULLY.


Yesterday I had an appointment with a Nutritionist, which is a part of the new Dr's treatment plan. I have never had an appointment with a Nutritionist before so I had no idea what to expect.
While making my appointment with her, she explained that her office was located inside the hospital. As you may assume this caused my confidence in her to skyrocket.

After locating her office she invited me in. The office was dark but for one light hanging over the table...it felt a little like my eating habits were about to be interrogated.......and they were. While she shot question after question I began to wonder if I should confess to eating those two small dark chocolate Bliss squares before I left the house? Oooooohhhhh the guilt!

Upon questioning me she came to the conclusion that I was and am PROTEIN DEFICIENT.
With diagnosis in hand she began to explain to me that I am in need of 60grams of protein a day....how ever I can get it.

The next few minutes were filled with food and numbers. I knew I was never going to remember all of this when suddenly she pulled out a piece of paper that had everything written down, tailored to my need for protein.

Step 1: For breakfast...1 latte- 14 grams
1 piece of toast w/ 2T peanut butter- 7grams
I realized that with 2 TABLESPOONS of peanut butter on one slice of toast I was going to need the latte close at hand so as not to choke to death while trying not to succumb to protein deficiency.

I am trying to look forward to my new life of cottage cheese and Greek yogurt but if protein is going to help my body repair itself, then cottage cheese it is!

P.S. I know what you're thinking but all those Reeses peanut butter cups you just ate after Halloween don't count!

No comments:

Post a Comment