Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eeyore




"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."


Ohhhhhh I love Eeyore. He is real, he is honest, and he is a survivor. And he is right.....sometimes you find yourself in a position where the only thing you feel thankful for is that you haven't had a earthquake lately. It's true, there really are days like that.

So why do we have days like that? Why are there times when it seems like we are wearing a target on our back...and our front for that matter...and all things physical and emotional and financial and spiritual seem like they are just shooting at us? I think, and granted I have had a lot of radiation to my head, but I think we are allowed these "times" to learn life is not ours to control, and also to be grateful for what we have....for hot water for a shower and gas for the car and for the car for pity sake... and covers on our bed and food in the fridge...for neighbors who help, for health if we have it.

So I think Eeyore ROCKS! I think on the non-earthquake days we can at least think "I am so glad we haven't had an earthquake today"...maybe that will lead to bigger things and that may eventually lead you to Target to buy something fun instead of being the target...at least for one day... I'll try it if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment