Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's a hard climb



So I am not yet sure how I am going to put this blog together so bare with me if possible.
It is and has been my goal to face my diagnosis, my circumstances, my life, with a good attitude. In the last 5 or so months, that has become more of a challenge as my treatment and my daily life, and my kids lives have changed a great deal.

Initially, the attitude hill was steep but I could usually "hoof it" to the top and come up with a smile. Lately it's less of a "hoof" and more of a carabiner, harness, ascender, crampons, belay kind of a climb. "Hoofing" no longer applies unless you would like to hoof someone in the head if they cause your day to be more difficult than it already is. But that is not right so forget I said that. They have no idea how much your life sucks right now! OK, forget I said that too. That was not good. That isn't going to help anyone.

See, it's still early yet and I am only about 2/3 of the way up my rock slab of life today. I'll get there.

So if you are struggling, go slip on your crampons. Crampons, I said crampons...and I will try to help pull you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment