Friday, May 21, 2010

Thank You



I remember when I was a little girl having to write thank you notes to everyone after Christmas and birthdays. I HATED writing thank you notes. I just wanted to play with all my new stuff. My parents never let up as I grew older. "Laurie, have you written those thank you notes yet?" Even yesterday, sitting in the exam room at the Dr.s office my mom says..." You know I hate to bring this up, but have you written those thank you notes to _______?" "Yes, mom. Yes I have. I wrote them a while back."
Will it ever end? I think not.

But on the flip side, I got a thank you note in the mail the other day. I love opening the mail box and finding a card or letter, hand addressed to me. It really doesn't happen much anymore. With e-mail and e-greetings and Facebook it's just too easy to say Thank you or Happy Birthday in 30 seconds or less.

WELL NOT ME. (music rises in the background) FROM THIS DAY FORWARD I VOW TO WRITE MORE THANK YOU NOTES, CARDS, OR EVEN LETTERS (applause builds) I VOW TO TAKE 3 SHORT MINUTES A DAY TO TELL SOMEONE I CARE, OR I AM GRATEFUL OR I HOPE THEY LIVE ANOTHER YEAR ON THIS PLANET. IT WILL BE HARD BUT...

I WILL WRITE! (thunderous applause and a few whistle sounds as music comes to a crescendo) ((Homeschooler's word for the day..crescendo))

No comments:

Post a Comment