Friday, May 28, 2010

Has anyone seen my yellow coat?


It is pouring rain. Annie, our cat, is laying on the back of the couch looking out the window and our dog Jack is laying on the floor staring at the front door where he waits all day until the kids are home from school. It's so sad but it's so sweet. Upstairs is Pip or Peep or as I like to call him "Stop it!" Stop it is a baby house sparrow that my daughter found yesterday after school. It wasn't able to fly and it was notoriously close to traffic.
Today's Homeschool vocabulary word is "notorious".

no·to·ri·ous (nō-tôr'ē-əs, -tōr'-)
adj. Known widely and usually unfavorably; infamous: a notorious gangster; a district notorious for vice.

Although this has nothing to do with today's blog I thought you would like to hear that the baby bird is fine and we have desperately tried to feed it bird seed and liquefied saltine crackers and even a bit of worm. But he chirps incessantly and what once was a happy sound is now making me crazy.

Speaking of which I am not crazy, although you may again wonder about that after you read today's story. Honestly, I am just calling them as I see them.

About 3 months ago I had another dream. In this dream I was older, about 15 or so. It was evening and it was dark. I was on the beach sitting in the sand criss-cross-applesauce in front of a campfire. I was wearing a yellow coat. I remember that coat. It was cotton and puffy and soft. I loved that coat. I wish....well, anyway, the first thing that really struck me is that I was the only one on the beach. It was dark, and I wasn't afraid. It is very unlike me to be in a situation like that and not be afraid. Actually the truth is for the most part, if it dark and I am alone, no matter where it is, I am pretty much scared to death. So this seemed very odd that I was on the beach alone in the dark by a fire un-afraid in my favorite yellow coat.
Which, while writing the last few sentences, I have decided was the best coat I have owned to date.
My mind was so curious about my non fear factor. Then in my dream I walked around, behind myself and there was Jesus. He was sitting right behind me...again in his Jesus clothes. He was very tall and broad. He had a leg on either side of me and he was leaning against my back though I felt no pressure, and his arms were wrapped around me. We didn't talk but I stood there for a while looking at myself and Jesus on the beach.
I think I should have told him to "ix-nay" the sandals in the sand but I honestly don't think he needs my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment