Monday, May 10, 2010

Oranges aren't the only things that peel



One of reasons for this blog is to give a voice to those who have cancer and are pushing through treatment, big emotions, even bigger questions, and life in general.

Another reason for this blog is to give some insight into this crazy world of cancer for those who have not experienced it but know and love someone who has or is. And finally, it's a reason for me to feel like I am actually doing something for man or woman kind while sitting in my pajamas eating scones and drinking coffee.

As I have mentioned before, I am taking a medicine called Xeloda. Xeloda has a myriad of side effects (MYRIAD:[mir-ee-uhd]
–noun
1. a very great or indefinitely great number of persons or things.
)
that I refuse to look up on the computer as I will scare myself silly.... so I will avoid that and instead make myself sound intelligent by posting the definition of myriad.

One of these "things" is that your fingertips, toes and heels peel. This is yucky.
YUCKY[yuhk-ee] –adjective, yuck·i·er, yuck·i·est. Slang .thoroughly unappetizing, disgusting, or repugnant

Another thing that peels is a daughter who has only had her license for a few weeks and who is panicking because she wanted to leave two minutes ago so she could drop off her pesky little brother and his friend at school and get herself to school so that she can maximize the three minutes she has to talk with her best friend before the bell rings.....so she backs out of the driveway like Jack Bauer, spins the car around and peels out of the culdesac, tires squealing leaving behind a little tread and some smoke.
Oh my mother's heart! Although I did chuckle a little at her mad skills..but not until after I sent her a text telling her that if she ever did that again I would take the keys away!
That should solve it don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment