Friday, May 7, 2010

Interesting two days



I am sorry I haven't written in a few days. I had an appointment with the Lymphedema therapist. Her name was MaryAnne and I really liked her. In fact she was so easy to talk to and I felt so comfortable that I probably said more than I should. Sorry MaryAnne. I didn't mean to go on and on the way I did. On Thursday we discussed Lymphedma and lymph nodes and how the lymph system works and where it drains and why it's so important and where your lymph nodes are. (Homeschooling moms...I will let you explain where the nodes are to your kids...the posters are rather graphic if you know what I mean. I don't want to be the person that causes you to have to answer "those" questions).
Then Friday I went to a follow-up appointment where I talked some more (again I am so sorry) and received my first lymphatic massage. It was great.
In between all that I went to lunch with mom, shopped at Trader Joes, talked to the new owner of my green Jeep (which is another story for another day) drove into the old neighborhood and was invited to walk through the house I grew up in, ran into my friend Natalie (Grant) who's family still lives in the hood, and while chatting with her, her sister Allison drove up (we reminisced about dancing to Elton John), then her dad and then her mom and it was so great seeing everyone. It was all so unplanned but it worked out so well.
Mom made a great quiche and my brother came over and we talked and hugged (also good for the lymph system) and then mom and dad and I broke out the reel to reel tape recorder and listened to me as a 11 year old...interviewing Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger and Spiro Agnew...singing John Denver , pretending I was married to Lee Majors and singing Jingle Bells like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Whew, all of a sudden I am very tired. Thankful tomorrow is Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment