Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I love to go a wandering



Oops...I am a little late posting this but yesterday got in the way. The entire day yesterday was filled top to bottom with the unexpected. Sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes it makes me want to pull on what little hair I have and scream.
But today is going to be different. I promise. Today is going to be organized and productive. Just wait....you'll see that I am right.

So last we spoke I was discussing this dream I had. I need to take you back to a few days earlier. Here is an excerpt from a letter I wrote telling my friend about this experience.

"Then came that awful day. I was on my second medicine and endured 3 months of radiation. I was seeing the Dr. to review the results of a PT scan that would let us know if the medicine was working. The answer was NO. Along with that came the news that my right lung cavity was full of cancer filled fluid from my lymph system and it needed to be drained. The day was long and full of bad news.
I got home late that night and all I wanted was a hot shower and to go to bed and cry. But instead as I stepped into the shower a song popped into my head...a happy song I used to sing at camp when I was 13.."I love to go a wandering along a mountain path, and as I go I love to sing a knapsack on my back."
I stood there wondering why of all things this song came to me. Then a picture popped into my head. A picture of me at age 3 in a red checked dress, holding Jesus' hand. He was still wearing his Jesus clothes and we were walking through a mountain meadow up a small hill. I could only see our backs as we were walking away. Then I felt an incredibly tangible feeling.. how a 3yr old would feel walking hand in hand with her dad...secure, happy, content...then...it was gone."

Ok, so it sounds a little weird but I promise I am not losing my mind, nor am I freaking out or insane. I am just being me.

More on this tomorrow and this time I promise no more horses breaking out of stalls and getting their feet caught in pallets and trying to deal with it all in the pouring rain when I am supposed to be home drinking coffee in my PJ's writing my blog. And a special nod to Geri and Keith and Amanda and Rob for everything they did to help yesterday. I couldn't have done it alone. Yay for friends who have your back and your front and your phone #.

No comments:

Post a Comment