Sunday, April 11, 2010

No whining




Well after over 8,200 blog hits I just received my first negative comment today. Evidently this reader was under the impression that I was whining in my last blog entry and suggested that I quit.
I am sorry that they felt that way. There is no whining here...I share these experiences to offer encouragement and humor to others with cancer or know someone with cancer...and it doesn't even have to be cancer...we all have our own hard stuff to deal with. I share it to provide some perspective on the life of a stage 4 cancer patient who is also a wife and a mom and a friend and a daughter and a sister and a woman who is in treatment and pushing through each day with hope. There is no whining here....just real life, because that is where the beauty is...in being transparent and vulnerable and real.

4 comments:

  1. You go Laurie!! I think you're awesome!
    -Amanda Readd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have have always found it encouraging and helpful when someone tells me something like that. Cheer up!! Yikes.
    Thanks for never telling me that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach it, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. hårfjerning med laser

    ReplyDelete