Friday, April 9, 2010

Can't we all just go to school?



I am on day 3 or 4 or maybe it's 8 of my chemo pills for this month. It's right about this time that I begin to feel very tired. The pills change my blood counts but that's not the only reason I am tired. I am tired because my husband snores. I am tired because that cat ALWAYS needs in or out, my kids love to argue, there are dishes in the sink, we are out of milk, we are out of most things, the horse is hungry,there are 12 messages on the answering machine, there is a small animal's worth of dog/cat hair collectively on the floor, the dishwasher is full, 2 or 3 of us need prescriptions refilled, dinner doesn't make itself, my son's birthday is next week and after a week of spring break I can't get my kids off to school on time because THEY are too tired.
The beauty that lies in this story is that they will be parents too someday, and they will read this blog and my phone will ring at my new condo in a very hip, very active senior living setup...and they will cry and beg forgiveness for every time they said they were too tired to go to school.
Ahhhhhh

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete