Monday, April 5, 2010

Little big things



Cancer is a odd reality. It can take the little things in life and make them more important and it takes the things we thought were important and make them little....things like what people think of me (gave up on that a while ago) how short I am now (still struggling with that one)driving my kids to school in my sleep cap and bathrobe..shhhhhh...you know...stuff.
I try to find joy in little daily things, or should I say it is easier to find joy in the little daily things.
When I started this documentation of my life with cancer, it started with just some emails to family and a few friends. As it grew and more people became interested, someone suggested a blog Carolyn. I thought that blogs were only for movie critics and people with lots of political angst (angst...homeschooler's word for the day..sorry homeschooling moms..it's been a while, I'll do better)
I didn't think it was for plain ol'moms or sick people.

Well, I won't go into how stupid I felt when I actually looked up some blogs written by plain ol' moms and sick people and found out there are tons of them. But one blog in particular, written by a mom who is funny, transparent, talented, willing to laugh at herself and who has lots of horses...became my favorite. She went from isolation to blog to book to cookbook to soon to be filmed movie. And best of all, she will be no more than an hour's drive away on April 17th at a bookstore signing her book . This little thing is now a big thing and there will be much joy or "mucha alegria" (Your welcome..just trying to make up for the last few blogs)when I meet her.
What makes this little thing a much much bigger thing, is that I will be going with two of my dearest friends.
This is so much better than finding really cute boots and a purse to match...don't you think? Of course you do...yes you do...you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment