Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Two blogs in one day........hmmmmmm



The day started well enough until I got the call from my Dr that I had missed my appointment to talk about my MRI results. They were, however, able to squeeze me in later so off I went. (I want to give a huge shout out to Carolyn who cancelled her schedule for the rest of the day to be with me and make it possible to hit the carpool lane which is priceless at 4:30pm)

Long story short....they found the reason for my numb chin and it wasn't the news you want to hear. It appears that the Tamoxifen has stopped working and there is a new cancer spot on my skull.

I have another appointment on Friday with the Radiological Oncologist to take about the next course of action. She will decide how much radiation, how long, and with which apparatus.

Then a series of full body scans, and brain scans.....then the possibility of a clinical trial....Dr. says there is "still time" in the big picture to aim for the trial before...well , before we have to deal with some really yucky stuff.

Still absorbing it all.....
I think I need chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment