Sunday, November 22, 2009

I will come up with a title for this later..



Wigs are very often a part of cancer treatment. Some women look beautiful and elegant in just a scarf...I on the other hand do not...I even think that my great grandpa O'Hair is chuckling at the resemblance.....not that he wore scarfs, but that I look more like him with no hair than me....TMI sorry.

The first wig I purchased...hmm how do I say this...You know that saying.... you are never supposed to go to the grocery store if you are starving because you will end up buying stuff you don't want just because you are so hungry..... well, I think that accurately describes my first wig shopping experience.
I was a wig novice, I was in unfamiliar surroundings, I was afraid to lose my hair and the shop owner spoke very little English...it was the perfect storm.

I took "Harriet" home and we had a few arguments at first, then we finally came to an understanding. I would wear her for a while but I could not promise to be "faithful" and I could not promise that I wouldn't try and change her.

Tomorrow "Harriet" and I have and appointment with Stephen at the salon. She doesn't know she is going yet, and there may be a few tears shed, but it's for her own good.
She will feel completely transformed when Stephen gets through with her....and I am looking forward to taking her to coffee when she's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment