Thursday, August 13, 2009

In my own little corner



When I was growing up I would look forward every year to watching Cinderella on TV. This was not the animated version....it was a play on film. I loved it.I believe it was filmed in the late 50's or early 60's. I even found it at Blockbuster once.

Anywhooo, Cinderella sang a song that started out..."In my own little corner in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be." That song was floating through my head this morning so I was tempted to think about what I would be doing if I didn't have cancer.

I would love to learn how to make pottery...the wheel, the clay, the kiln etc...
I would love to grow a beautiful garden...one that I don't have to plant fake flowers from Michael's in so it looks like I watered it every day..I would love to learn to take moody, breathtaking pictures....essentially create something out of nothing, which I don't think is setting the bar too high...no I don't think it is.

But what I would love most to do.....before I did any of those things....which I can't do anyway so never mind... is to lie back on my horse, in the sun, while she grazes. That would be a most perfect afternoon.

Well I gotta go...litter boxes don't clean themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Sister o'mine,
    I love this version of Cinderella and you have me humming "in my own little corner in my own little chair.." The music in that movie is so wonderful. Another thing we share.

    ReplyDelete