Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The dragonfly and me



I will try to make this short...wish me luck. Several years ago I was riding shotgun with a friend in her car. She asked me a very odd question..."What do you think of dragonflies?" "When I am with you I think of dragonflies"

Oh gee...thanks so much..."I really don't like them" I replied...."They are ugly and have no sense of direction....they really don't have a reason to exist.

Silence....lots of silence...then she asked, "What does that remind you of?"
Well, you kinda had to be there for the conversation before this conversation..... I replied "Me....that is exactly how I feel about me."

After having had my first battle with breast cancer and the resulting surgery.... two 10lb babies.... focusing 99.9% of my days on raising an autistic daughter.... I felt ugly...I was in survival mode and I truly felt that anyone just this side of Charles Manson could raise my daughter better than I could.

Thus began a series of conversations with God about the dragonfly....questions arose such as, "Are you trying to tell me something?" "Prove it"....you know, simple stuff like that.

Next thing you know they were everywhere...I will list a few places....
1.everywhere I went outside my home
2.everywhere else

I have been amazed over the years how I have grown to love the dragonfly....it's an amazing, fabulously created, thought provoking little bug...that in it's beautiful dance has taught me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment