Saturday, August 15, 2009

Beauty lies in the true story



I was riding in our truck the other day when I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror. YIKES! All I could see was bags under my eyes large enough to "re-use" at my local grocery store, 3 or 4 chins...I lost count, and the loss of a perfectly good neck that prior to the cancer, was a good 2 inches longer.

When I lost my hair my mom declared "oh you look so much like your great grandpa O'Hair...not the compliment a woman my age is fishing for (and the pun is not lost on me either...o'HAIR)

So in summary I am a no neck, 4 chinned, baggy eyed, bald old man....perfect.

Then I thought about the title of my blog. At first it offered me no comfort whatsoever, but I thought a little longer about it. The beauty really is your story...your heart....your life...

Ladies...feel free now to switch to a less expensive night cream and live, laugh and love instead.

1 comment:

  1. Your Great-Grandpa O'Hare was my grandpa O'Hair-which makes the pun even punnier! The other good news is that the multiple chins and/or vanishing neck is another endearing characteristic of the gene pool! :( The good news is that your sense of humor is a potent weapon that helps tremendously! From another O'Hair who looked like an old man during chemo and has her hair back, is sporting an expanding chin, and is praying for you daily! Anne Kathleen O'Hair Congleton AKA Sassy

    ReplyDelete