Wednesday, December 15, 2010

When life looks like this



The desert. Not such a great place. Not much happens there. Often there is no reprieve from the "nothing".

REPRIEVE:
re·prieve   /rɪˈpriv/
[ri-preev]
verb, -prieved, -priev·ing, noun
any respite or temporary relief. (HS kids....please find a way to reprieve your mom today)

Life may never lead us into an actual desert, but there are often desert times in our lives. A series of nothings when we are waiting for answers....a long dry spell when we are just asking for a small drink....a promise made that seems like it is taking too long to arrive.
I know a few people in the dessert right now...Let's see, I'll just pick one of them at random...uhhh...Ok, got it! ME.

So what to do when you're in the desert. Well if I were Bear Grylls I would "P" on my bandanna and wrap it around my head. I don't think that will help me right now.

I suppose the best thing to do when you are in the desert is to keep walking. C'mon...what else is there to do? The oasis is out there....we just can't see it yet. And when you finally get there, you can make a sand candle to remember your trip.
Ok, so are you ready? Let's start with our right foot and step...step...step..
I think they call it faith...yup, that's what they call it...belief in what you can't see.....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment