Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Explosion



Meatloaf. It's delicious and easy to make and it is one item that both my kids like. "I think I will make meatloaf" I said to myself last night. Little did I know that within 40 minutes of that decision my oven would explode.

I learned a few things through this experience. I learned that if thoroughly cooked, meatloaf is still good after an internal oven explosion. I also learned that no one can usually come out right away to help you diagnose and repair said oven.
I learned that it is good to have someone in the room with you when the oven explodes to keep you from freaking out. And I learned that Split Pea and Ham soup from a dear friend can make the exploding oven a positive experience.
Here's to Victory. What was meant to bum me out only brought me goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment