Friday, December 24, 2010

Night before Christmas



It was the night before Christmas and all through the house,
Sat the mom, son and daughter, but the house had no spouse.

The children had purchased and wrapped all their gifts,
but the mom said she wasn't quite done with her list.

She busily wrapped all the gifts she had bought,
There is still one gift left, so she thought and she thought,

"This gift I can't wrap up with paper and bow,
It's the sort of gift that just has to show."

"This gift is the love that was given to me,
Not something I earned, it was actually free."

Free Christmas gifts you don't have to buy,
Are actually to me the very best kind.

So without boxes or paper or tags,
I am sending to you, all the love that I have.

The love I am sending ,you can have for yourself,
turn around it's probably sitting right there on your shelf.

The stars in the sky look down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.

The mention of hay makes me long for my horse,
But I can't find a rhyme for that one of course.

So I will stop blogging and get out of here,
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment