Sunday, August 22, 2010

I don 't want to



We are all humans right? We get up in the morning, use the loo, brush our teeth (hopefully) or at least use mouth wash...please? We bathe, get dressed and plan our day. "First I am going to do this, and then I will do this, and then after that I will go there, and then I have to have more coffee, and then I will....

We logically plan our day. Makes sense. It is essentially the way we look at everything...with brilliant logic if we do say so ourselves. Most of us reason that way as well....sorry, can't include everyone in that category...we use the "transitive theory".
DEFINITION OF TRANSITIVE THEORY:
In mathematics, a binary relation R over a set X is transitive if whenever an element a is related to an element b, and b is in turn related to an element c, then a is also related to c.
Or for the mathematically impaired, of which I am the class president, A=B=C=A.

All that to say that I am continually learning that logic confines us into thinking only one way...and that things must happen logically or they are all wrong...and when things don't happen the way we think they will, we stomp our feet, cry, yell, eat quarts of Ben and Jerry's and snap at everyone who dares to speak to us during this catastrophic time in our lives. Can't they see that things did not work out logically ? How can they NOT know your pain?! Geez!

So even though I don't want to, I am beginning to learn that things can happen differently and STILL work out. I am seeing these strange yet amazing things happening in my life now almost every day.

I like logic..it's clean and neat and predictable...but illogical can be surprising and fun and often a huge blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment