Friday, August 13, 2010

Dragonflies



I love dragonflies. I used to hate dragonflies.
The End
Just kidding. I used to think about dragonflies the way I thought about myself. My impression of them was that they had no real purpose, that they were ugly, they had no sense of direction and they were more of a bother to people than anything else.
Wow...that was a big fat assumption on my part....and you know what they say about assumptions....they say that assumptions make....well, yeah. That's what they say.

But today is a new day and I love dragonflies...I love them for many reasons.

Dragonflies feed on mosquitoes, and mosquitoes are bad. They rob you of your blood and carry disease. Each dragonfly consumes 50 or more mosquitoes per day. (wow, this is beginning to sound like a report I wrote in Mr. Hart's class)

These precious insects also indicate good water quality as they only thrive in unpolluted water. That there is a metaphor for life I think.

They also have 360* vision...yes, I said 360*

Dragonflies represent maturity and depth of character, power and poise sayeth the purveyors of intellect. The Dragonfly accomplishes it's objective with utmost simplicity, effectiveness and with 20x's as much power in each of it's wing strokes when compared with other insects. Bazinga! I say. Above all that, they do what they do with the elegance and grace of a veteran ballet dancer.

Finally, the dragonfly, to this day, is considered an agent of change.

Seeing these beautiful, graceful, purpose filled,amazing, talented insects now bring me joy. They remind me that I am loved and I have a purpose.
I believe that God made the dragonfly just for me...not really, but maybe. So assuming that He did, I would like to share them with you.
You're welcome...even though I had nothing to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment