Wednesday, June 23, 2010

tap tap..is this thing on?



The last few days have been full of some new experiences.
On Monday it was a mother/son road trip..great time..lots of laughter.
On Tuesday I dressed up for the first time in a coon's age...(that's how we talk up here in the north country) and I went into "town" aka Seattle to speak to a group of amazing men.

I was overwhelmed by their kind, thoughtful words, and grateful to have the chance to finally put faces with names I have heard spoken for years. These guys were great and they accepted me with open arms. I sure hope that I shared things that they could take home with them.

So shout out to "the men" there in that room. You are AWESOME! You made me feel so welcome! I was humbled and blessed and very thankful to everyone.
(Kathryn..I sure missed you!)

Today I saw the good Dr. Seriously he is a GOOD Dr. And for the first time I heard him utter the word remission. Seriously people it looks like we are headed in that direction.

Fabulous, amazing, unbelievable, magnificent, spectacular news !!! I wish the family was together to share in it. I plan to celebrate with the kids tomorrow night (the 24th)!...a date that has been on my calendar, with a heart, for 21 years...now becomes the day I celebrate the path to remission.

No comments:

Post a Comment